Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Our Health Expertise
By working with international development partners, government ministries of health, the private sector, and other key stakeholders, Palladium’s global health portfolio experts apply unique user-centred models and approaches that improve health systems; provide an evidence-base for health policy and programme reform; and address governance challenges that create barriers to healthcare. Our expertise cuts across a range of health areas, including family planning and reproductive health; infectious diseases, including HIV and AIDS; maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health; nutrition; water, sanitation, and hygiene; and chronic diseases.
Our APAC region is recruiting for a Director to drive the growth of our health portfolio in the Asia Pacific region, leveraging our global track record and expertise in the area of health services and solutions.
The role will lead business development, thought leadership, product development and the implementation of any health programmes managed out of the region, ensuring that Palladium becomes recognised in the region as a leading provider of health solutions. The position will also be responsible for ensuring our technical solutions remain cutting edge through sharing knowledge of industry innovations and project successes, working closely with global colleagues.
The core responsibility for this role will be to grow APAC’s health portfolio through the acquisition of new business. This will involve:
- identifying and developing new business opportunities in the sector to secure commercially viable contracts;
- managing the bid development process including designing the technical solution, managing partnerships and developing bid content;
- building strong client relationships and relationships with partners and subcontractors; and
- monitoring and anticipating/identifying bid performance issues and addressing them.
You will also provide overall technical leadership for health projects and capacity development within in the sector, ensuring our solutions are current, innovative and represent value for money. This will include:
- providing technical leadership and quality assurance oversight for the implementation of our health projects, including acting as Project Director on projects;
- facilitating knowledge sharing to ensure we deliver the best possible solutions and methodologies in our bids and projects;
- working with project teams and consultants to develop our intellectual property and the resources needed to support effective program delivery;
- collaborating with other portfolios and business units to connect our thinking enabling us to provide more integrated development services and solutions.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (in medicine, health economics, public health, health management or social sciences);
- Proven success in identifying and winning new business in the health sector, with proven experience in bid development for large scale projects including technical design and content development;
- Demonstrated program management experience at a senior level including significant experience working on international, multi-lateral and bilateral funded health programmes;
- Experience in implementing or advising on health projects in developing countries;
- Substantial experience in marketing of services and developing business plans;
- Ability to develop high level strategic relationships in an international development environment;
- Strong leadership skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports and review the financial performance of our portfolio.
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.