The Operations Director is crucial to ensure that we effectively and efficiently run operations in Liberia. The Operations Director will oversee operations functions in Monrovia and Harper, including Supply Chain, Infrastructure, Security, Fleet Management, IT, and Staff Administration. With guidance from the Executive Director and County Directory, they will partner with clinical and programmatic teams to achieve the organizational goals most efficiently.
The Operations Director is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing operational systems that simplify and streamline responsibilities across functions. The role requires regular coordination and communication with departments and senior leadership, as well as proficiency in budget management and operational forecasting.
• Design and implement new organizational operations structures and teams.
• Support and build capacity among the operational managers and staff.
• Understand the immediate-term and long-term operational strategy, in order to ensure the supply chain and operations infrastructure appropriately enables that strategy.
• Partner with the Ministry of Health, local government, and other public sector and non-profit organizations and community leaders to ensure well-integrated processes and procedures.
• Ensure effective communication with International Ops team in Boston.
• Create efficient transport and procurement operations, including developing protocols/policies for standardizing daily operating procedures for stock management, procurement, transport, and infrastructure.
• Oversee infrastructure and capital projects in Liberia
• Provide in-country coordination for large purchases, alongside the Boston-based operations and clinical team, including international procurement.
• Oversee and harmonize cross-site Liberia operations systems including procurement, supply chain, fleet management, and logistics.
• Foster development of IT organization to support growing and evolving operational dependencies on technology.
• Implement procedures to track and maintain high value assets, including medical equipment and vehicles.
• Oversee safety, security and crises management plans and implementation.
• Oversee network performance and security; manage ISPs and service contractors.
• Design and implement systems for everyday staff and clinical operations — staff and patient travel/accommodations, communications, etc.
• Oversee risk assessment activities for violations of code of conduct.
• Oversee construction projects design/implementation processes; ensure projects adhere to budget/timeframe on deliverables.
• Take responsibility for operations budget management.
• Recruit, oversee, and build capacity of team of operations managers.
• Serve on senior leadership team, guide the organization on strategic planning and oversight.
• Serve as senior operations external liaison; negotiate all large-scale contracts; vet partnerships and manage external operations relationships.
• Minimum of Five years of administration or operations experience, preferably in international projects, with demonstrated increasing responsibility.
• Strong ability to manage and empower a diverse team focuses on many priorities.
• Experience managing budgets and financials.
• Comfort with ambiguity, shifting priorities, and need to juggle competing demands in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and operational and business analytics thinking.
• Proven ability to exercise good judgment, demonstrate political astuteness, and tact.
• Prior experience working in Africa and in resource-poor settings, a plus.
• Sense of humour and flexible disposition very helpful.
• Interest in social justice and health care issues.
• Ability to live in Harper, Liberia full-time required.
Partners in Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Salary Offer POA