: Jan 16, 2019, 7:38:42 AM
: Dec 31, 2019, 10:59:00 PM
: HQ/HRD Human Resources Management
Opportunities for longer-term positions may arise.
WHO maintains a roster of candidates willing to accept temporary contracts. Eligibility to the roster and subsequently eligibility for
contracts at the G.4 or G.5 level will depend on candidates meeting the minimum requirements for the positions, the terms of
references of the assignment and the scores achieved in test and interview. Contract length is dependant upon demand at
Assigned to the work area of the Depar.OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
WHO is recruiting temporary administrative suppotment, the incumbent provides administrative support to professional staff members.
Description of duties:
The incumbent provides administrative support to staff in one of the work areas of the Department. As appropriate to the level of
the position, the duties and responsibilities may include some of all of the following:
1. To receive, screen and distribute incoming correspondence, attaching background information or related files as necessary and
forwarding to the staff concerned, drawing their attention to specific issues/problems as necessary;
2. Using on-line systems, to prepare travel plans and requests, check timetables and costs with in-house travel agent, making
flight and hotel reservations, and dealing with other related matters as requested or on own initiative;
3. In collaboration with the Team Assistant and/or the Assistant to the Director, to monitor deadlines, reminding staff members of
such and ensuring that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner;
4. To draft replies to general and administrative correspondence on the basis of instructions or on own initiative, and finalizing
5. To type, edit for language and grammar, correct and format, in accordance with WHO and departmental styles, technical
reports and documents, tabular materials and to assist in preparing presentations;
6. To obtain documents and information from the department and cluster staff, the administration and from other clusters,
programmes and agencies/institutions as required; to perform information-resource- searches (library, internet) as requested;
7. To maintain, in close collaboration with colleagues, the work area filing system, and to maintain files for the professional staff
members supported, obtaining relevant information as required;
8. To screen and receive visitors and telephone calls with tact, discretion, making appointments, answering queries and/or
redirecting visitors and callers with diplomacy and courtesy, obtaining background information on the purpose of appointments;
9. To participate in the organization of team and departmental meetings, workshops, seminars, etc., and to provide assistance to
other teams with the preparation of such as needed, e.g. typing list of participants, travel requests, letters of invitation, documents,
photocopying and preparing briefing files, presentations and slides; and preparing the necessary documents for WHO security to
ensure that identification badges are ready in a timely manner, reserving meeting rooms, dealing with hotel reservations;
10. During meetings, workshops and seminars, to provide secretarial support and assistance to participants, typing and/or
amending reports and documents;
11. Follow-up on financial and budgetary issues concerning the Department/Unit, including that payments are ensured within
time-limits; preparation of excel spreadsheets as required;
12. To use the Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP); intiate actions and contracts as instructed;
13. To replace support staff as required.
To perform other related duties as required or instructed, including provision of support to other areas of work and teams or the
department, as required.
G.4: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent. Secretarial training an advantage.
G.5: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent complemented by secretarial, commercial or administrative training.
G.4: Training in office procedures and in the use of standard office software such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and standard
internet applications. Training in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
G.5: Proficiency in the use of standard office software such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and standard internet applications.
Additional relevant higher education would be an advantage. Training in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
Knowing and managing yourself;
Fosters integration and team work; and
Ensuring the effective use of resources (G.5)
Office experience, preferably including some experience in an international organization, and knowledge of its procedures and
practices as related to the work:
G.4: At least 3 years of relevant practical experience of the above.
G.5: At least 5 years of relevant practical experience of the above.
Experience in the organization of meetings an advantage.
Expert knowledge of English or French with intermediate knowledge of the other language are required. Intermediate knowledge
of another UN language would be an asset.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by candidates recruited in the local commuting area of each office.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Duration of contract will depend on the needs of the Department.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Use of language skills
- Salary Offer POA
- $ Salary Offer POA
- Experience Levels Junior
- Total Years of Experience 0-5