Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
To support the growth and expansion of Palladium’s health portfolio in GCC, Palladium is hiring professionals at Consultant, Senior Consultant, Manager, Senior Manager levels in healthcare with focus on Public Health. These professionals will join the Palladium’s Health practice in the GCC with the goal of growing and consolidating a portfolio in strengthening health programming and building in-country capacity.
The positions provide content knowledge in the health sector, technical assistance, consultation and support for the development and execution of project/program specific strategies. You must be a refined management consultant who can implement projects and depending on the nature of the role, must demonstrate all the competencies needed to be an excellent project manager. You will determine methods and procedures on new assignments. You will represent the project and the company to the host government, to GCC governments and other client, private sector organizations and cooperating agencies.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Provide inputs into business development efforts in health-related opportunities in the region
- Provide subject matter expertise/technical assistance to the program, technical staff and administrators as per global project and country program requirements.
- Provide analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems in the health sector.
- Ensure quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements.
- Provide functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets as needed.
- Participate in and/or prepare necessary program-related reports, including presentations and white papers.
- Organize and support project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Participate and represent the organization, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
- Lead and assist in research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of contract/agreement activities and deliverables.
- Provide guidance to direct reports and other staff as applicable.
Minimum education and experience required
- Experience in program management with focus on public health, health governance, health economics in GCC.
- Medical qualification preferred for Manager and Senior Manager roles.
- Experience working with consulting organisations in the GCC region.
- Proficiency in written and spoken technical English and Arabic.
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Formal Project Management training and expertise.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and diplomatic demeanour and conduct, especially during interactions with the client.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.