Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is recruiting an HRIS Advisor to join the USAID-funded Human Resources for Health 2030 (HRH2030) project in Philippines. HRH2030 is a global project that aims to: 1) increase performance and productivity of the health workforce, 2) increase the number, composition of skills, and competence of health personnel, 3) strengthen HRH and Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) leadership and governance capacity, and 4) increase the sustainability of investments in health personnel. HRH2030 is managed by Chemonics; partners of the HRH2030 consortium include: Palladium, URC, Thinkwell, AIHA, AMREF, and Open Development.
HRH2030 Philippines will provide capacity-building to the Department of Health (DoH) to strengthen the deployment, training, and management of a fit-for-purpose and fit-for-practice health workforce to improve access to, and quality of, family planning (FP), maternal and child health (MCH), and tuberculosis (TB) services for vulnerable populations. The HRIS Advisor will be the team lead for Objective 3 and responsible for the oversight of all activities within this objective: To improve the use of data for human resource for health decision making at central and regional levels. This objective will seek to advance the capacity and functionality of the HRIS and improve data quality and use, as well as support planning for the National Health Workforce Account (NHWA) reporting.
The HRIS Advisor will be responsible for leading the efforts to improve the HRIS, including systems assessments, interoperability among systems, data quality and use and collaborative initiatives. HRH2030 experts in HRIS and data demand and use (DDU) will provide advanced technical support where necessary. The HRIS Advisor will be part of the Chemonics-led HRH2030 Philippines team, and on a day-to-day basis report to the HRH2030 Philippines Project Director, while being supported and managed by Palladium’s US-based staff.
Location for this position is Manila, Philippines. Only local candidates currently eligible to work in the Philippines will be considered.
- Lead Palladium’s contribution to the HRH2030 Philippines activities in the area of HRH information systems, promoting efforts to enhance the demand for, and use of, HRH data for decision-making
- Work closely with the HRH2030 Project Director, the HRIS Support Specialist and other technical team members, providing the DOH technical assistance in harmonizing HRH information across data systems
- With assistance from the HRIS Support Specialist, lead Palladium’s work to address the gaps uncovered in the PEPFAR HRIS Assessment Framework (HAF) to help stakeholders to improve data availability, data quality and interoperability of systems, as well as challenges to data harmonization that is required for nationwide planning and management of HRH
- Ensure the development of HRIS strategies that obtain, analyse, and visualize data in ways that meet the information needs of targeted data users within the health system as well as for government ministries that support HRH policy decisions
- Work with the policy analyst to identify policy barriers to data collection, availability and use. Devise and execute plans to address these barriers
- Facilitate meetings among the DOH, RHOs and other central and regional high-level diverse HRH stakeholders for purposes such as determining priorities for developing and integrating information systems
- Lead development of a Training Information Management System for the National TB Program and Family Planning Program, to include engagement with HHRDB for approval and acceptance
- Lead HRH2030’s work in improving data demand and use. This will include training and technical assistance for the DOH staff at the central and regional levels, with support from Palladium HQ
- Oversee the coordination and development of training plans and manuals for the HRIS (in collaboration with the Support Specialist and government counterparts)
- Build the capacity of the HRH Network to bring together health and non-health stakeholders to coordinate and support the National Health Workforce Account (NHWA) implementation. Assist in the rollout of NHWA at the central and regional levels
- Supervise the HRH2030 Philippines HRIS Support Specialist and Interoperability Developer
- Contribute to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project reporting as well as ad-hoc report requests
- Meet regularly with immediate supervisor to discuss work plan progress and upcoming activities (meetings may sometimes happen outside of normal work hours)
- Respond to occasional Palladium questions/requests that can be reasonably accommodated alongside other HRH2030 duties
- Other HRH2030 tasks as assigned
- Master’s degree in Information Science, Informatics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree
- At least 10 years’ progressive experience managing the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of the Human Resources for Health ecosystem in the Philippines; experience with Health IT, specifically Health Information Exchange and interoperability standards (e.g., IHE, HL7, OASIS, X12) preferred
- Demonstrated experience engaging high-level government stakeholders in software or information systems development
- Experience developing interoperability functionality in information management systems
- Experience with coding in PHP
- Experience with Code Igniter Framework
- Ability to write both technical documentation and project reports
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluency in English is required
Location for this position is Manila, Philippines. Only local candidates currently eligible to work in the Philippines will be considered. Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV). The cover letter must clearly outline how work and educational experience matches each of the responsibilities and qualifications above. Submit application to: HRH2030@thepalladiumgroup.com. The deadline for applications is 15 June 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.