VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Providing targeted support to review the work of our ICS teams over the last 18 months, the ICS Data Analyst will be responsible for:
– Distilling complex qualitative reports into quantitative data for further analysis
-Identifying trends across and within country programmes
– Producing an initial analysis of the data for distribution within VSO to help us evidence the impact of ICS volunteers
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. We also offer a range of benefits, including;
• A friendly and supportive office environment
• Opportunities for flexible working and working from home
• Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
• Competitive pension with Scottish Widows
• Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
• Personal accident insurance
• Season Ticket Loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Professional development
• Additional Leave for Parents and Carers
• VDU Eye Care Vouchers
We are willing to consider offering this role as an internal secondment for existing staff. Please check with your line manager before applying.
This role is based in London (Kingston upon Thames). VSO is unfortunately unable to provide sponsorship, so candidates MUST have the right to work in the UK.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
- £ Salary Offer POA