Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is searching for user-focussed ICT Service Delivery Manager to join us and play a key role in ensuring that our new and evolving systems are implemented effectively in support of our business.
As a member of the global ICT team, the Service Delivery Manager will focus on designing, organizing, deploying and monitoring ICT services delivered at both the global and regional levels of Palladium. The ideal candidate should be recognised as an expert in providing service delivery, end-user support and training in systems.
The role will serve as a subject matter expert when working to define the services the ICT infrastructure and systems will provide to users.
The primary responsibilities of the ICT Service Delivery Manager are to:
- Establish the vision of the services to be provided by the ICT infrastructure and systems, in collaboration with the Global ICT Director and the ICT leaders from the business.
- Develop policies, guidelines and standards for the deployment and operation of the services provided by ICT at the global and regional levels.
- Lead deployment of ICT related projects focusing on support resources for users, training and quality post-service.
- Establish, deploy, manage and monitor the use of the Help Desk System for end-user support.
- Work with the ICT Director and other key Global ICT staff in the analysis and design of the company’s ICT Risk and Compliance Strategy.
- Provide 3rd level technical support for the LMS and other general use systems, such as the Help Desk System and manage escalations to vendors as required.
- Monitor of service delivery efficiency and quality at the Global and Regionals levels.
- Provide technical support to ICT Leaders and Technical Support from the regionals in the deployment, provision and/or operation of ICT services for the Regionals and their projects.
- Share knowledge and mentor team members and other peers who are less experienced or knowledgeable in ICT services delivery.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of industry developments and best practices regarding user support and service delivery, ensuring that systems in place are maintained in the most current and efficient state.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or similar field is preferable, although this may be compensated by commensurate working experience.
- Extensive experience in the ICT field, ideally in a service delivery function within large multinational companies
- Significant experience in training users of all expertise levels in the use of new and evolving systems
Key competencies and knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in designing, deploying, operating and monitoring ICT-driven services.
- Substantial knowledge of hardware, software, network and communication systems.
- Experience administering and monitoring Help Desk Systems and others, as required.
- Knowledge of LMS systems, e-learning approaches and their management.
- Experience organizing and managing support teams.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, take initiative, meet deadlines and acquire and apply technical skills as necessary.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Able to analyse and understand effect of issues against the bigger picture.
- Able to assume a leadership role and apply coaching skills.
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.