The Task Force for Global Health The Task Force for Global Health Full Time The Task Force for Global Health United States United States, Administrative & Business Operations - Communication, Policy and Project Delivery - Medical & Health - Research and Voluntary
Position Title: Logistics Analyst
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Please note that we are not able to sponsor U.S. work authorization for this role.
General Responsibilities: The Logistics Analyst plays an important role on the Supply Chain and Logistics Team in ensuring that inventory required to deliver health services reaches Partners In Health (PIH) sites on time. The Analyst will execute day to day operations related to shipping and warehousing, working closely with vendors, donors, and colleagues across the organization. This individual must be detail oriented, organized, and proactive, with a service-oriented mindset and strong communication skills. The position is full time and reports to the Logistics Manager.
Shipping and Warehousing:
– Ensure items are shipped accurately and on time by: working with site-based colleagues to understand shipping priorities, coordinating shipments with freight forwarders, preparing customs clearance documentation, updating site-based colleagues on shipment status, entering shipment data in software systems, and following up on discrepancies
– Work with third party warehousing contractor to maintain accurate inventories and packing lists and act on priorities
– Physically receive and prepare shipments from Boston storage location
– Maintain the integrity and transparency of all department records and files
– Proactively identify new logistics partners and identify opportunities for cost savings
– Contribute to the analysis of logistics data and the design of software systems
– Implement process improvements to improve efficiency of logistics tasks
– Act as logistics point of contact for assigned projects or sites
- Five years relevant experience or equivalent training/education in shipping, warehousing, or similar
- Demonstrated success managing large amounts of data with high attention to detail
- Experience using enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems or proven ability to learn new electronic systems quickly
- Ability to follow established processes and experience implementing process improvements
- Willingness to do important repetitive tasks and data entry and ability to see their connection to larger team and organizational goals
- Demonstrated success responding to a high volume of requests and ability to react to needs with a sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills and ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to work well with a diverse team, honoring concerns and priorities of field-based staff
- Interest in social justice and health equity
- Intermediate excel skills
- Experience with international shipping and logistics
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- French or Haitian Creole language skills
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
- £ Salary Offer POA