The Task Force for Global Health The Task Force for Global Health Full Time The Task Force for Global Health United States United States, Administrative & Business Operations - Communication, Policy and Project Delivery - Medical & Health - Research and Voluntary
Position Title: Logistics Volunteer
Reports to: Logistics Analyst
Location: Boston, MA
The Logistics Volunteer will work with the supply chain and logistics team, providing administrative support to the Logistics Analyst. Within this role, responsibilities include coordinating shipments, warehouse organization and inventory management. The Logistics Volunteer will also provide support to other functional areas within supply chain and logistics as needed. The position is based in Boston. This is an unpaid, part time volunteer position, expected no more than 16 hours (2 days) each week.
- Organizing a small receiving area of urgently needed medical supplies
- Inputting items into Inventory Management system
- Packing suitcases of urgently needed supplies to go with travelers
- Researching ways to dispose of expired and broken medical equipment
- Fluency in English; competency in French or Creole (preferred).
- Demonstrated competence in efficient prioritization, management of a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and capacity to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong communication, organizational, management, and writing skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office programs.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country.
- Interest in global logistics and social justice strongly desirable.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and
works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- £ Salary Offer POA