Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is seeking a motivated and experienced Manager, Information Technology to oversee and maintain all IT requirements for the US operations. This is both a technical and customer facing role with the ability to engage stakeholders at various levels a must. Similarly, technical competency across multiple technologies is essential.
- Perform operational administration and management of server, LAN/WAN, telephone and backup infrastructure;
- Ensure that the Group’s IT&T infrastructure is stable and secure at all times;
- Provide incident management including escalation to hardware, software and service providers.
- Maintain the operational aspects of the disaster recovery plan including effective data backups, testing, storage and system restoration;
- Maintain and manage the IT security services including virus protection, software and windows updates, firewall and remote access systems;
- Perform proactive monitoring of the IT&T environment taking action as appropriate;
- Adhere to and promote IT&T procedures and policies;
- Negotiate contracts and maintain vendor relationships for computer, network, and telecommunications products and services;
- Develop strategies and ideas to cater for growth and capacity within the region.
IT Support and Customer Satisfaction
- Oversee the procurement and deployment of corporate IT equipment and services within the region.
- Provide level 2 support ensuring a high level of customer service through telephone, email and face to face support of desktop PCs, notebooks, printers and telecommunication products;
- Manage the repair and replacement of IT equipment including any warranty or insurance claims;
- Provide out of hours support as required
- Maintain the IT&T documentation set ensuring that it contains effective documentation and is kept current at all times;
- Maintain the IT asset, licensing, contract and contact registers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows operating systems including Active Directory
- Demonstrated experience of Windows Server operating systems and associated technologies (DHCP, DNS, Group Policy)
- Exceptional desktop support experience including hardware, software and peripherals.
- Strong understanding of LAN and WAN technologies including VLANs, routing, VPNs and Firewalls
- PC and server hardware experience
- Knowledge of printers and other network peripherals
- Experience with virtualised environments, specifically VMWare vSphere.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and tactically while acting independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in Office 365 and associated applications (Exchange, SharePoint, Skype, Teams, OneDrive, Intune, Autopilot etc.)
- Understanding of hardware infrastructure such as Servers & SANS
- Knowledge of network and communication systems such as Firewalls, Router, Switches & Access Points
- Proficient with Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare
- Understanding of backup solutions such as Veeam
- Understanding of conference solutions such as Lifesize & GoToMeeting
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.