Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Manager, Project Delivery – Economic Growth (EG) supports management of one or more projects in the Economic Growth and Governance Practice (EG&G) within the Americas Regional Business Partnership (ARBP) of Palladium International LLC.
The ARBP ensures effective and efficient program delivery using a Project Management Unit (PMU) management structure. Each PMU consists of a Project Director, a Chief of Party/Team Lead, and a Project Manager (supported by a Project Associate). The Project Manager reports to the PMU Project Director, who in turn reports to the Vice President, EG&G.
The specific purpose of the Manager position is to facilitate the management and implementation of effective and efficient program delivery, financial and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies and client rules and regulations.
- Plan and manage project start-up and closeout;
- Serve as primary liaison between the project team (at headquarters and in the field) and other corporate services;
- Participate in the development and monitoring of project work plans;
- Provide training and guidance to project staff on and ensure compliance with company policies and client rules and regulations (e.g., risk management, project planning, human resource management, project monitoring, reporting, financial management, procurement, logistics, IT, communications, audit support);
- Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting (e.g. quarterly, Internal Project Reviews, Contractor Performance Appraisal Reports, project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables);
- Conduct periodic compliance checks on processes and internal controls;
- Support development of project-specific subcontractor / grant administration / procurement procedures in compliance with the company’s standard operating procedures and client’s rules and regulations;
- Monitor and ensure quality of field procurement, ensuring compliance with company anti-corruption and due diligence processes.
Client Relationship Management
- Monitor and maintain compliance with contract;
- Monitor and report on overall progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities;
- Manage and approve (or obtain approval for) contract action requests (for example travel, personnel additions/changes, consent to subcontract, grants, budget realignment, etc.);
- Develop, manage, and support contract amendments as required;
- Liaise with and respond to requests from clients.
- Monitor expenditures against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements;
- Manage project financial / cash-flow planning, review and approve (or obtain approval for) funding requests from the field, and review and approve (or obtain approval for) monthly Funds Transfer Requests;
- Ensure project financial management staff adhere to internal and external reporting deadlines.
Human Resource Management and Recruitment
- Support project HR planning, recruitment, contracting, and coordinating inputs from the company’s HR and Talent Acquisition teams;
- Coordinate home office coverage for project support with EG&G Senior Operations Manager;
- Lead the mobilisation and demobilisation of all international staff (short-term and long-term) including contracting (in coordination with HR) and travel management.
Business Development / Other
- Participate in capture planning, recruitment efforts, budgeting, implementation feasibility planning; and
- Contribute to technical work or proposals as requested
- Project management experience with USAID, DFID, DFAT, or other donor client(s);
- Experience managing large and complex projects;
- Fluency in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- People management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching; and
- Experience working in a developing country or similar environment.
- Key Competencies
- Project management expertise;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports;
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff;
- Ability to travel and work in developing countries for extended periods of time if needed;
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required;
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity.
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.