Position Title: Medical Informatics Technical Analyst
Reports To: Medical Informatics Technical Lead
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Medical Informatics department at Partners In Health Liberia (PIH-L) is expanding our Health Informatics Systems (HIS) and seeks a technical analyst to join our team. The Medical Informatics Technical Analyst must have a background in building, implementing and optimizing informatics interventions. S/he will work with the Medical Informatics Technical Lead to build technical skills within our PIH-L medical informatics team, support development and guide implementation.
- Work closely with PIH-L M&E, PIH-L Informatics team and PIH-Boston Medical Informatics departments to design, implement and optimize health informatics systems, with emphasis on OpenMRS
- Support hardware, software, and network configuration
- In collaboration with Technical Lead, Informatics officer and other analysts support workflow development and requirements gathering
- Support testing of new releases, maintaining test and demo servers, and rolling out system upgrades
- Configure systems and tools, and script these for repeatability and reusability, which includes:
- View and contribute to code in Github
- Create scripted data structures within DHIS2 for repeatability
- Configure OpenMRS instances, including clinical forms and content, enabling/disabling apps, etc.
- Assist in project documentation using PIH’s JIRA ticketing system
- Support user training sessions and ensure user feedback is captured, documented and addressed
- Support informatics research and costing projects
- Take on additional work as required for data management and medical informatics
- Bachelor’s degree in medical informatics, computer science or information technology related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in informatics, computer science, software development/ implementation or other experience related to information systems management
- Java programming and web application development
- Demonstrated commitment to building open-source software
- Strong communicator and a team player
- Comfortable living in a remote area
- Ability to adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct
- Experience with OpenMRS a significant advantage
- Experience using Raspberry Pi or other single board computers and other novel technology a major asset
- Ability to write SQL queries an added advantage
- Liberian National
- Expertise in information technology is highly desirable
- Expertise with tools such as Power BI, CommCare, Pentaho, etc will be added advantage
- Salary Offer POA