A vacancy exists at Glencore for a Mining Engineer. You will be working closely with all Stakeholders, Planners, Supervisors and their crews. Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Production Engineering, you will be an integral member of a large, dynamic and results driven team. Primarily focusing on mining safety, production reporting and business improvement underground, you will provide specialist advice and execute the analysis and benchmarking of the Underground Production function’s end-to-end performance. You will identify and implement a portfolio of improvement initiatives that enable functional excellence and support business priorities for continuous improvement. Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our global network comprises more than 90+ offices located in over 50+ countries, plus we have over 150+ mining and metallurgical sites, offshore oil production assets, farms and agricultural facilities. We employ approximately 190,000 people and it’s these people that we value above all else. They are our greatest asset. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. We always seek to recruit best talents globally and annually to match this multinational continuous growth objective. Join us and let’s grow together.
• Great insurance, Health & Wellness • Flexible Spending Account (FSA) • Health Savings Account (HSA) • Retirement & Pension Plan • Performance Bonus and 401K Plan • Supplemental Workers' Compensation • Maternity & Paternity Leave • Reduced or Flexible Hours • Family Medical Leave • Child and Dependent Care • Vacation & Paid Time Off • On-site Free Lunch or Snacks • Company Car and Legal assistance • Professional Support and development
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day.
- Build cross-functional relationships with other engineering sub-functions.
- Compile reports and provide expertise to other sub-functions in analysis of production performance indicators and metrics.
- Prepare inputs to form the production budget.
- Create and monitor execution of the week 0 schedule to drive compliance.
- Produce operating standards, procedures and work instructions.
- Analyse and determine equipment capability assumptions.
- Identify functional capability gaps and recommend improvement opportunities to the Superintendent Production Engineering and/or Production Manager.
- Liaise with underground crews to ensure that new ideas are developed and practically implemented.
- Provide feedback to the Planning function to improve future execution plans, designs, schedules and forecasts.
- Coach new and junior team members.
- Create large scale business cases for improvement initiatives and implement projects from concept to execution.
- Engage with Engineering for modifications needed to plant and equipment.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, petro-chemical or a closely related field.
- Additional Tertiary/Technical qualifications in a relevant field are preferable such as finance, economics or accounting
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- Demonstrated ability to work together with multiple stakeholders of varying backgrounds and deliver project outcomes.
- Have technical and operations experience in the underground mining cycle with particular focus on load & haul and drill & blast.
- Previous experience in managing and implementing improvement initiatives highly regarded.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to adapt to different communication styles.
- Underground First Class Mine Manager’s ticket an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team and prioritise tasks in a highly functional work environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and recent CV via the apply form/button or our career email below: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants are contacted for the interview.
- Salary Offer £100,000+
- $ Salary Offer $100,000+
- Experience Levels Manager
- Total Years of Experience 5-10