Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is recruiting for an anticipated USAID-funded Integrated Health Service Delivery project in Niger and Burkina Faso. The goal of this project is to improve the access and quality of high impact maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health, family planning, and nutrition services at the community, primary health facility, and higher levels of care. The project will strengthen health service delivery systems and operate at the regional and commune level in USAID-targeted regions. It will also engage national level stakeholders on key policies and capacities that affect service delivery. The position will be based in Niamey with travel to project operation sites such as: Tillaberi, Maradi, and Zinder in Niger, and Centre-Nord, Est, and Sahel in Burkina Faso.
- Ensures contracts, payments and deliverables are met on time
- Manages office and program financial resources while exercising proper financial controls and adhering to both USAID and Palladium policies and procedures
- Oversees operational and staffing requirements for the program in collaboration with the technical team
- Maintains oversight of procurement activities as needed
- Assists in overseeing overall operations at state offices and provides operations guidance and oversight for field offices;
- Works with finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for field office needs;
- Regularly reviews operations practices, develops and optimizes internal operations policies, and provides feedback on risk mitigation strategies;
- Performs project procurements as per the procurement policies and donor regulations including maintaining vendor lists, solicitation of quotations/proposals, documentation of procurement decisions and contracts, and managing vendor relationships;
- Ensures timely receipt of quality services/goods and best value for the price; ensures that vendors are timely paid and procurement contracts are closed in order; manages office facilities, equipment, assets, vehicles, IT, etc.; and maintains up-to-date assets registers;
- Adheres to and trains relevant staff in all project administrative and operations policies and procedures;
- Coordinates with operations team in HQ DC to initiate vetting processes for vendors, consultants, new hires, etc.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field. A Bachelor’s degree with more than 10 years of experience in finance, accounting or a related field can be substituted for a Master’s
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international and donor-funded programs
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, excellence in accounting, financial management, human resources, procurement, and other management support functions as needed
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets and client expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills required for working with project staff, donors and beneficiaries
- Nationals of Niger Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.