The Program Associate will support the International Trachoma Initiative (ITI) Program Team by assisting collaborative efforts with partner organizations in the sectors of eye health care, water and sanitation, and neglected tropical diseases for an integrated approach to implementing the SAFE strategy to achieve the elimination of trachoma, the leading infectious cause of blindness.
Seeking French fluency, proofreading, and editing skills.
The Program Associate will perform the below duties in collaboration with and in support of the ITI staff:
- Maintain and update ITI databases, including National Program Coordinator contact information, status of annual drug applications, and country program information and data
- Prepare trachoma reporting forms to be sent to countries and upload into the database once returned
- Conduct a first review of submitted trachoma reporting data from Ministries of Health
- Track country submissions of trachoma reporting data
- Acts as a Communications liaison with internal & external partners for program-specific updates
- Maintain an up-to-date master contact list
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar of country trachoma program activities
- Monitor shared program/data email inbox
- Support country data audits upon request
- Assist the Program Team in preparations for the Trachoma Expert Committee (TEC) meetings
- TEC book PDF creation
- Work with Printers to publish a professional product
- Quality checking TEC book
- Report drafting
- Coordinate the planning and logistics of specialist meetings, including the regional partnership meetings organized by ITI in francophone West Africa
- Consult with vendors on travel and conference arrangements
- Support communication needs before, during, and after meetings between country programs, partner organizations, and ITI headquarters, including scheduling meetings and conference calls
- Assist in preparing the documentation necessary for meetings, including drafting letters, presentation templates, and reports
- Assist with proofreading and editing of program documents, reports, letters, presentations and correspondence
- Provide general Program Team support
- Visa support
Program Team meeting management: calendar invites; agendas; note taking
Program-specific meeting support (logistics, catering) as required
Compile information and prepare materials for reports and presentations
Assist with proofreading and editing of program documents, reports, letters, presentations and correspondence
Establish priorities based on knowledge of program needs and meet associated deadlines
- Visa support
- Participate fully as a member of the Task Force for Global Health by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management
- The primary duty of the Program Associate position for is organizing, coordinating, and planning operational facets of a global program and its related activities which include, but are not limited to the following: researching factors that may impact the success of the program, and working with individuals or groups to research and document program requirements in order to provide appropriate input.
- Monitors and reports progress of objectives and goals of the program.
- Develops promotional materials/venues, manages relational databases, and establishes/forecasts budget requirements.
- Develops work plans to accomplish objectives and monitors progress toward their achievement.
- Monitors expenditures and may prepare financial reports; may assist in identifying funding resources and developing fund-raising strategies and initiatives.
- Prepares operational and statistical reports to assist in effective decision-making.
- Conducts training, represents the program at international meetings and conferences, and networks with affiliated groups.
- May write or develop reports, speeches, briefings, newsletters, promotional materials, grants or other written materials related to the program.
- Conducts research and gathers accurate information to develop various publications.
- May plan, administer, or monitor the program’s budget or related grants.
- May assist in developing and coordinating program-related conferences, conventions, or meetings.
- May supervise staff. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- This is not an administrative support position.
How To Apply