Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Australian support to the education sector of the autonomous region of Muslim Mindanao dates back more than 20 years. The Pathways program, which commenced in October 2019, has evolved Australian assistance to focus on strengthening the capacity of the local government to deliver inclusive, quality and conflict sensitive education outcomes within the region.
The program focuses on education outcomes for early grades (K-3) and works closely with the Ministry of Basic, Higher and Technical Education and relevant local and national Philippine government agencies, local and international non-government organisations, research institutions, and teachers and communities, to enhance the delivery of services. While fostering collaboration with partners, the program seeks to improve education policy and service delivery.
- Implement an individual workplan which will be approved by the Team Leader
- Enhance overall program performance against contractual and technical requirements of the program by undertaking targeted initiatives under the direction of the Team Leade
- Collaborate with national and international technical advisers and managers to ensure that specific inputs are aligned with the program’s technical direction and contribute to program outcomes.
- Strategy Adviser, GEDSI adviser, various education specialists and full-time national program team
- Provide operations support to the program by understanding operational risk and supporting the in-country program manager to manage these risks whilst addressing particular issues and challenges for the program’s operations
- Support in developing key client reports and deliverables as set out by the Team Leader and other senior technical staff
- Where necessary, provide coaching and professional development support to the members of the PATHWAYS team particularly in the development of effective technical deliverables and report writing
- Previous experience managing development assistance programs.
- Experience in program/business implementation including technical delivery and business delivery support functions including business planning, human resource management, financial management, procurement and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in reporting to and meeting contractual obligations to donors and clients.
- Enhanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to liaise and negotiate across cultures.
- A results focus including a high level of initiative and drive to support difficult issues progress and resolve.
- Experience working in development projects mixed-capacity environments including experience and interest in working in the Bangsmoro autonomous region of Mindanao.
- Understanding of gender and development issues.
- Experience working in education sector program.
For full position details, please see attached TOR here
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.