Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Senior Billing Specialist compiles and maintains accurate and complete accounts receivable records ensuring company invoices are billed and collected in a timely manner and in compliance with all applicable regulations for government contractors.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares system-generated and manual invoices and supporting schedules on Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Time and Materials, and Fixed Price contracts for government and commercially priced clients
- Performs monthly reconciliations of government cost plus vouchers within the accounting system
- Plays an essential role in month-end close as it relates to project-based accounting
- Complies and maintains accurate and complete accounts receivable records ensuring company invoices are billed
- Collaborates with operations team and advises on various financial topics
- Assists with project setup in accounting system for project funding, billing and revenue information
- Analyses actual government indirect rates on a regular basis compared to approve rates for billing adjustments and proposals
- Establishes invoicing requirements
- Runs reports and provides financial packages for internal reviews
- Confirms invoice by comparing invoices to contract requirements
- Verifies billing and indirect cost rates
- Verifies compliance with Cost Accounting Standards, Unbilled Analysis and Cash Receipts
- Assists Financial Management Team with other assignments
The role reports to the Director of Finance and Compliance. Reporting requirements include:
- Attendance at all weekly team meetings as required
- Regular updates with your line manager
- Monthly submission of assigned reports
- A monthly update on the status of your KRAs, as well as any other important areas of concern
- Exception reports as and when required
- The role will form part of the Finance Department and will be required to liaise closely with the Finance Team, Project Directors, and Project Operations, and other company employees
- The role will be required to analyse and make sound recommendations to the Director of Finance and Compliance
- The role will also be expected to contribute to process improvement through innovative and cost-effective proposals/ideas/suggestions
Minimum education and experience required
- Relevant work experience
- Prior experience in a professional services environment with preference to government contracting billing experience
- Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Knowledge of and experience with government contract billing and accounting
- Prior experience with Deltek Costpoint system billing
- Experience in government contract accounting, including knowledge of CAS and FAR provisions
- Experience with Government audits preferred
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.