Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Senior Consultant is expected to develop and understand the methodologies learnt as consultants. A Senior Consultant would have honed knowledge in the industries worked in, not so much as an expert but as a knowledgeable person about the Strategy Execution challenges in the intersection of Palladium’s capabilities with typical client needs in that sector.
The Senior Consultant is responsible for leading the implementation of a discrete work stream as part of a broader project. The primary responsibilities of the Senior Consultant are to:
- Work with senior team members to develop hypotheses and work plans that address project objectives
- Manage the data collection and analysis
- Develop insights from the analytical process and integrate findings into the broader project work
- Build the relationship between Palladium and the client’s project team
- Interact independently with client leadership
- Identify follow-on opportunities and articulate proposed approach
- Proactively seek out opportunities to be involved in winning new clients
- Co-facilitate client workshops
- Coach and mentor junior team members both overall and on projects
- Manage and coordinate internal projects
Minimum experience required
- Reasonable relevant business experience, preferably in strategy consulting or equivalent multi-client consulting environment
- Balanced skills in general problem solving, concept development, project management, and facilitation
- Experience with performance management methodologies, particularly the Kaplan/Norton framework is desirable
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Outstanding facilitation skills, memorable in-person presentation abilities
- Results driven, persistent, and persuasive
- Self-starter/pro-active, strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to travel up to 4 days out of 5
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- The ability to support and promote changes within the organisation, support others in new ways of working, identify opportunities to apply learning and flexible to changing priorities
- The ability to challenge the status quo, think creatively, strong analytical skills, comfort working with unstructured and ambiguous approaches to problem solving
- Intuitive ability to incorporate disparate ideas into simple but effective concepts
- The ability to develop trusted and effective partnering relationships with clients, advise and influence across all levels of the organisation, consultative, collaborative, work effectively with diverse wok styles and personalities and support others in understanding the value of diversity and inclusion
- The ability to take ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation’s success
- Highly organised with effective time management, attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise work based on business needs
- The ability to see how the individual role fits with Palladium’s organisational objectives; see the bigger picture; commercial, political and business acumen and the ability to recognise business drivers
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.