Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Senior Manager Indonesia will be Palladium’s senior business representative for its regional hub office in Jakarta. He/she will be part of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) Business Partnership senior management team, reporting directly to the APAC Regional Business Partners (RBPs), but will also be responsible for ensuring that the Jakarta Hub office services Palladium’s other regional business partnerships in their Indonesia-based activities. The role will work closely with the relevant regional portfolio or practice teams and corporate support functions such as HR, finance legal and security, helping ensure that Palladium’s business in Indonesia is contributing to company strategies and growth plans, is being carried out in compliance with local laws and regulations, and is aligned with corporate policies and guidelines.
The role will directly manage a small team of corporate staff and will also provide leadership of the Jakarta office more generally, ensuring effective communications and coordination between projects and staff based there, as well as with the wider regional partnerships. The role will play a senior representative role for Palladium in Indonesia, helping to facilitate engagement of Palladium staff and teams with clients and stakeholders. The role will also have senior project management and business development responsibilities for specific assignments, as agreed with the APAC regional partnership.
- Act as Senior Project Manager or Contractor Representative on Palladium programs being implemented in Indonesia, as agreed with APAC RBPs. This role will include:
- Contract management – working with the Team leader in ensuring delivery against contractual terms and conditions, and achievement of contracted deliverables and milestones, as well as leading on contract amendment processes
- Project financial management – working closely with finance team on forecasting, budget management and invoicing
- Project human resource management – working closely with the Team Leader and other management staff to ensure compliance with HR policies and standard operating procedures.
- General compliance – ensuring that the project is operating in compliance with local Indonesian laws and regulations, client policies and Palladium corporate policies, SOPs and guidelines.
- Project cycle management – ensuring that planning, budgeting, M&E and reporting processes are being undertaken by the team in an efficient and effective manner, that aligns with contractual requirements, meets client needs, and contributes to company performance
- Working with Palladium’s regional partnership portfolio/practice teams to support business development activities in Indonesia.
- Represent Palladium at strategic conferences, workshops and meetings.
- Maintaining networks and knowledge of key clients in the Indonesia market, whether donor, government or private sector.
- Working on discrete business development activities including, but not limited to:
- Identification of new business opportunities.
- Capture management and tracking of new business opportunities.
- Respond to tenders and develop proposals.
Jakarta Hub Office Management
- Facility Management: working closely with APAC’s Office Manager and the Jakarta Office Administrator, oversee matters relating to Jakarta office facilities including lease management, procurement, ICT, and administration.
- Financial Management: liaise with corporate finance teams on financial management matters specific to the Indonesian entity; maintain direct responsibility for budget management and forecasting of Jakarta facilities and administration related costs
- Human Resources: liaise with corporate human resource teams on ensuring that HR policies and processes specific to Indonesian staff are implemented and complied with.
- Security and Risk: liaising with corporate security teams and APAC legal and management staff to ensure that safety and security policies, procedures and plans are being implemented, and risks and issues are being fed into APAC regional risk management processes. The role will be the local focal point for emergency response and crisis management.
- Compliance: liaising with corporate finance and legal teams to ensure full compliance of the Indonesian legal entity with tax and other legal or regulatory matters. Ensuring that up-to-date advice on Indonesian visa and immigration policies is shared with all staff and project teams operating in Indonesia.
- Communications: lead on coordination of Jakarta office staff attendance at and participation in company meetings and events, such as weekly management meetings, Town Halls, Diversity and Inclusion Forums, staff trainings and other events as agreed with the APAC RBPs. Lead on communications about Jakarta office related activities, working closely with corporate communications and marketing staff.
- Significant previous relevant experience in management positions in consulting, advisory, project delivery and/or business development in Indonesia and/or internationally
- Qualifications in relevant a subject such as business administration, development economics or international relations
- Demonstrated skills and experience in project management, with experience of managing large scale development projects an advantage
- In-depth knowledge of relevant client markets and stakeholders working on social and economic development in Indonesia, such as bilateral donors, government and private agencies.
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated experience of working with multi-cultural teams
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgement that is consistent with company standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Detail oriented with an ability to work quickly and accurately within a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Entrepreneurial and business development skills
- Excellent client facing and stakeholder engagement skills, with an ability to effectively represent company interests
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.