Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Senior Manager Indonesia will be Palladium’s senior business representative for its regional hub office in Indonesia, and will be based full-time in Jakarta. He/she will be part of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) Business Partnership senior management team, reporting directly to the APAC Regional Business Partners (RBPs), but will also be responsible for ensuring that the Jakarta Hub office services Palladium’s other regional business partnerships in their Indonesia-based activities. The role will work closely with the relevant regional portfolio or practice teams and corporate support functions such as HR, finance legal and security, helping ensure that Palladium’s business in Indonesia is contributing to company strategies and growth plans, is being carried out in compliance with local laws and regulations, and is aligned with corporate policies and guidelines.
The role will directly manage a small team of corporate staff and will also provide leadership of the Jakarta office more generally, ensuring effective communications and coordination between projects and staff based there, as well as with the wider regional partnerships. The role will play a senior representative role for Palladium in Indonesia, helping to facilitate engagement of Palladium staff and teams with clients and stakeholders. The role will also have senior project management and business development responsibilities for specific assignments, as agreed with the APAC regional partnership.
- Client relationship management – ensuring regular communication with clients, addressing risks and issues
- Contract management – ensuring delivery against contractual terms and conditions, and achievement of contracted deliverables and milestones
- Project financial management – forecasting, budget management and invoicing
- Project human resource management – ensuring compliance with HR policies and standard operating procedures
- General compliance – ensuring that projects are operating in compliance with local regulations, client’s and Palladium’s policies
- Project cycle management – ensuring that planning, budgeting, M&E and reporting processes are being undertaken effectively
Jakarta Hub Office Management
- Ensuring that the Jakarta office runs efficiently and effectively, meeting the needs of all corporate and project staff based there and presenting a professional, well run hub office for the APAC region
- Facility Management: overseeing matters relating to Jakarta office facilities including lease management, procurement, ICT, and administration;
- Financial Management: liaising with corporate finance teams on financial management matters specific to the Indonesian entity; budget management and forecasting
- Human Resources: ensuring that HR policies and processes are implemented and complied with
- Safety, Security and Risk: ensuring that safety and security policies, procedures and plans are being implemented
- Compliance: ensuring full compliance of the Indonesian legal entity with tax and other legal or regulatory matters
- Communications: leading on coordination of Jakarta office staff attendance at and participation in company meetings and events
- Working with Palladium’s regional partnership portfolio/practice teams to support business development activities in Indonesia
- Representing Palladium at strategic conferences, workshops and meetings.
- Maintaining networks and knowledge of key clients in the Indonesia market, whether donor, government or private sector
- Working on discrete business development activities as part of specific bid teams including identification of new business opportunities, capture management and proposal development
- Proven experience in management positions in consulting, advisory, project delivery and/or business development in Indonesia and/or internationally. Specific experience of working on social and economic development programs in Indonesia is highly desirable.
- Degree level education in a relevant subject such as business administration, development economics or international relations.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in project management, with experience of managing large scale development projects an advantage.
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated experience of working with multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills. Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia would be an advantage.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgement that is consistent with company standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Detail oriented with an ability to work quickly and accurately within a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Entrepreneurial and business development skills
- Excellent client facing and stakeholder engagement skills, with an ability to effectively represent company interests
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.