The Task Force for Global Health The Task Force for Global Health Full Time The Task Force for Global Health United States United States, Administrative & Business Operations - Communication, Policy and Project Delivery - Medical & Health - Research and Voluntary
The Sr. Associate Coalition Director serves as a liaison to coalition members and partners with varying backgrounds, expertise and expectations, including national Ministries of Health, UN agencies (e.g. the World Health Organization [WHO], UNICEF, The World Bank), US Government agencies, international agencies and corporations, foundations, and non-governmental organizations. The Sr. Assoc Coalition Director plans, facilitates and leads strategic development, and fosters in every way possible the effectiveness of the Health Campaign Effectiveness (CE) Coalition. Through the Coalition, s/he promotes identifying and sharing of evidence-based and promising practices across the campaigns, maintains a learning and knowledge management forum, facilitates the creation of an operational research agenda with Coalition members and disseminates findings from the research.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- With the Director, Foundation and partners, collaboratively formulate and define CE Coalition strategies and approaches.
- Achieve demonstrable progress of the CE Coalition by clearly defining (strategic and tactical) priorities, plans, metrics for success, and roles and ensuring Coalition activities are effectively implemented and evaluated.
- Identify and successfully recruit potential stakeholders and partner organizations (e.g. governmental, non-governmental, donor foundations) to actively engage in CE Coalition activities and collaborations.
- Convene, organize, and facilitate Coalition and other stakeholder/partner meetings.
- Promote the objectives of the CE Coalition in various international forums.
- Establish and nurture strong relationships with health campaign partners. For example, engage and help lead action of partners from diverse sectors to achieve agreed upon priorities for identifying, testing and adopting promising practices and the development of a shared operational research agenda.
- With the Director and partners, develop and implement a rational, coherent Coalition communications plan that galvanizes stakeholders, provides essential information to them, and strategically builds the Coalition.
- Oversee preparations and facilitate functioning of Coalition communications and coordination, including website and knowledge management platform, workgroups, routine conference calls, etc.
- Proactively and strategically, identify and address the needs of Coalition partners involved in advocacy and program implementation and align engagement approaches accordingly.
- Provide strategic leadership and planning for the overall Campaign Effectiveness strategy.
- Provide regular solution-oriented recommendations to the Director and CE partners to solve programmatic challenges or gaps.
- Regularly liaise with relevant CE colleagues to share information and coordinate activities.
- Participate fully as a member of the Task Force for Global Health by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned by the CE Director.
How To Apply
- Experience Levels Senior