VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The purpose of this consultancy is to review and develop a three-year organizational strategic plan (2020 – 2022) for VSO Kenya. This will serve as a comprehensive roadmap which would set the direction and pace of the work of the VSO Kenya in its contribution towards a fair world for everyone by creating lasting change through volunteers. It will also enable VSO Kenya to align their strategic direction to the current changes in VSO.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The consultant/s will possess the following minimum skills:-
• At least a Masters level university degree in Social Sciences or other relevant discipline
• At least 5-10 years relevant work experience in strategic planning and development
• Excellent and proven analytical skills
• Excellent and proven English writing skills
• Relevant experience in related or similar assignments
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision
• Possess knowledge of the general social, economic and political environment that influences the lives of marginalized groups
• Understanding of the human rights-based approach, international laws governing development/marginalized groups and policy development on marginalized group’s issues.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to have a valid Kenyan certificate of good conduct.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
- Salary Offer POA