Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is recruiting for an experienced project leader to take on an upcoming DFID-funded peacebuilding programme in Yemen. The programme will aim to mitigate local conflict and build social cohesion in targeted regions of Yemen.
The Team Leader acts as the central point of leadership for the programme. The Team Leader will be responsible for representing the programme with partners, government stakeholders and external organisations and individuals, including regularly reporting to DFID, and maintaining strong working relationships with other donor programs focusing on peacebuilding in Yemen.
- Manages relationships with stakeholders within government/s, counterpart agencies, project partners and stakeholders and business partners.
- Develop strong working relationships with the leadership of other peacebuilding programmes, in particular DFID’s and exploit complementarities and synergies where possible.
- Developing strong working relationships with DFID
- Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with relevant Palladium staff.
Strategy and Operational Planning
- Lead with the Program Director in the preparation of work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required.
- Provide guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, Outputs and deliverables.
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets Client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant.
- Monitor implementation progress; maintain up to date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manages and mitigates risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate.
- Develop and implement plans for results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication management.
- Educated to university degree level or above, preferably holding a Master’s degree; lack of academic background can be compensated by experience
- Extensive experience of working on and in leading peacebuilding initiatives in Yemen
- Experience of working with key government departments and institutions
- Experience working with donor (preferably DFID) funded programmes
- Strong expertise in building and managing programmatic relationships with high level stakeholders from government, civil society and donors
- Strong expertise in leading complex programmes, including managing and mentoring senior members of staff
- Good understanding of current dynamics in Yemen and ME
- Excellent oral and written English and Arabic skills required
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.