Job Title: Transport and Logistics Assistant
Organization: University of Global Health Equity
Reports to: Transport and Logistics Coordinator
Location: Kigali and Butaro
The Transportation and Logistics Assistant will assist in performing all transport and logistical matters as needed and maintaining the University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) vehicle(s). This person will play a key role in supporting the rapidly growing UGHE operations. one of the key responsibilities is to follow up all transport and logistics requirements and timely response to the requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tabulate transport requests from students/staff/visitors, to various destinations. At all times keep organized records of vehicles and requests and communicate transport bookings with all drivers in advance
- Schedule daily and weekly transport requests and communicating effectively with staff and responding to their requirements.
- Assist in the coordination of vehicle, supervision of drivers, and management of students/staff/visitors movements.
- Ensure all bookings and transport of guests are organized in advance and provided support throughout their time with UGHE.
- Together with the Transport and Logistics Coordinator, ensure the safe and reliable transportation of UGHE staff, students, and visitors
- Ensure all drivers of the Institution’s controls vehicles have read and fully understood the Vehicle Usage Policy and Vehicle Code of Conduct.
- Maintain proper records of fuel consumption and service of vehicle from approved garage.
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles
- Check that vehicles have valid motor vehicle inspection certificate, comprehensive insurance and valid Log Book.
- Prepare and follow up on transport payment documentation with vendors in liaison with the finance procedures.
- Manage vehicle usage ensuring all employees and drivers comply with the organization Vehicle Usage Policy, any accidents or damaged are fully reported to P&L Coordinator.
- Ensure the vehicle log book(s) are always updated to document the use of the vehicles
- Facilitate the hiring of additional driving staff as needed
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Research and suggest cost-effective transport methods
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for UGHE Transport and Logistics Assistant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics Management or a related field.
- At least three years of experience in a similar role
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral skills in English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands and effectively manage time while being responsive to changing priorities
- Outstanding character and integrity
- Driving certification and driving in rural areas is a plus
- Commitment to social justice and health care equity
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a personal statement addressing candidate’s experience working in a related field, (4) names and contact information of three professional references who can attest to experience in education, leadership and management experience; at least one of these references should be an immediate supervisor and (5) copies of all degrees earned and current professional certifications. Please upload your cover letter, personal statement, and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under “Additional Files” on the application page.
- £ Salary Offer POA